Friday, September 12, 2008

It's been a busy week around here

Monday night my DH was hit by a line drive to the left side of this chin. His jaw has a hairline fracture. They aren't going to wire it but they will keep an eye on the healing and he's got pain meds to keep him comfy. He's also on a soft foods diet so mealtime at our house has been interesting. Lots of eggs, pancakes, shakes, smoothies & pasta.
It's been a little more than a week since my kitty Alice was really sick. She either had a small stroke or has a brain tumor. She is improving a lot this week though. She has spent a lot of time hiding/resting behind my quilt rack. Today she's been out of hiding and I've seen her eating and walking around the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to improve.
I've even been quilting this week. I've finished a "turning twenty" quilt top and am just waiting for the backing I ordered to arrive. It's been so nice to get into the quilting groove again. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad Alice is feeling a little better. We will keep our fingers crossed! I want to see your new quilt! Miss Ya!

Laurie said...

OK GIRLFRIEND...you have FINALLY posted! I stopped looking cuz it had been so long! Glad to see you back...and is Ryan REALLY 15???
miss ya!
mish tsb
laurie